July 5, 2009

N's father just filled out a 'matrimonial bio-data' for him and gave it to him to check and then to put in some 'suitable' pictures. Needless to say he's battling with equal parts frustration and equal parts amusement right now. I'm listening to him rant on gtalk, and I realize that it's so much fun when the pressure is on someone else! :P *hehe*

I say way-to-go-uncle-jee. Matrimonial profiles are definitely the way to go. If I think about it though, I wonder why N is so freaked out. It can't be all that much-more different than filling out any of the million profiles we fill in online on a regular basis. And even though it's ultimate purpose is fairly ominious (in a forever-and-ever kind of way), in theory it's no different from a social/professional networking profile a'la facebook or linked-in. Or it shouldn't be. I suspect that perhaps uncle-jee has it down right. In order for the matrimonial-mission to make good progress, perhaps the single-seeker needs to have 'the' profile the same way that those of us who need to find employment make a resume. Incidentally, my friend google tells me that many others feel the same way. A worthy company by the name of MatrimonialProfile.com, promises "professional help for writing your internet matrimonial ads and profiles". For the measly sum of Rs.2600 or US$59, they're available to review an existing profile. If you want them to invent an original profile, tailored 'just-for-you' that is also possible for as little as Rs.4300 or US$99. A third, eminently useful, service they advertise is re-touching profile pictures (perish-the-awful-thought-that-you-would-want-to-advertise-yourself-for-holy-matrimony-looking-like-you). A sum of Rs.1000 or US$20 per photo, is very little to pay, they say, for a service that makes you look even better-than-your-best. Is it not?

Given that I am also - whether I like it or not - embroiled in the matrimonial mission, I cannot help but wonder if the next step is to make an effective matrimonial profile for myself.

*hmm*

17 comments:

Desert Mystery said...

Sorry for asking a dumb question...Do real people actually choose their life long mates via an online profile? Isn't that a bit like buying an "authentic" Rolex watch from dodgy shops on Tariq Road?

Ubaid said...

oye mainey bhiii :d

brok3n said...

-grin- ..I'd do it for fun. NEVER to get married. -shudders-

Lonely Perverted Soul said...

LOl.. funny or maybe not.. Khair.. ull get married in ur time... And be so fucking in love that ill be really jealous of u...

Xeb said...

D: I've heard stories that promise that this definitely does happen!

U: Chalo banate hain! :P Tomorrow, this time. Marital profile should be on blog. Theek sho?

B: You too then! :P Profile, this time, on your blog! ;)

L: Sigh. Let's hope so. Maybe not the jealous part, but the be-so-fucking-in-love part sounds nice! :P

AD said...

well online or offline... i think it is equally real!

Ali said...

Weren't we supposed to have that one night stand first? :P

Practice for both of us, of course! :P

Xeb said...

AD: Or equally 'unreal' :P

Ali: No.

Gigi said...

Hi,

How are you? Have great summer.

Xeb said...

G: Hey! :) I'm good! How're you?

Gigi said...

Not bad. I love reading your posts.Have fun.

brok3n said...

Lol definitely. Pehle app! -ahem-

Deepak Iyer said...

Or you just upload your SOP, which I am sure is the most self-pompous piece of prose one can find about oneself.

Opinionated Jaahil said...

That is creepy. And yet it does happen. Rishta talk freaks me out like anything, good luck with yours=P

Ubaid said...

aap ney banai ??

:p

Xeb said...

B, U: Next blog project! :P I'm busy getting employed, but just as soon as that's sorted (or gets boring) matrimonial profile it is! ;)

D: Never seen an SOP in real life. But I take your word for it! :P

O: Thanks! :P

brok3n said...

I'll be looking forward haha..this should be fun -excited- ..good luck with getting employed!