July 17, 2009

Hira sent me this song today. It struck a chord (maybe two) when it said:

----

I heard you're doing well
Selling art and everything
I like you're stuff; good for you
I'll buy a piece or maybe two

Do you ever think of me?
Do you remember all our stupid dreams?
Rainbows and pots of gold
So much to prove before we got old

I took you places round the world
I miss you're face sometimes you know
You took my picture a thousand times
I bought them back; I don't mind

I lost my way but found my track
I'm sorry if I never listened back
I've been round; I've been up and down
And you missed the one we dressed like clowns

And how's your car and how's your life?
How's my friend; when's she gonna be your wife?
I'm sitting up writing down
These things I sometimes dream about

I knew your number off by heart
It's the only one I like to talk
It wasn't me using you
I trusted you; one of the few

And we had some laughs; had some rows
But in the end the walls came down
You like the place I'm living now
It's a shame you can't come around

And I've grown a lot since we last spoke
Got myself together; fixed what was broke
I wonder if we'll talk again
Or drink together just like then

I suppose it's different now it's new
Whoever points the finger at who
I really hope you're happy both of you
And maybe sometimes you miss me too

6 comments:

uglyduckling91 said...

Wow.

Ubaid said...

lyrics achay hain... per somehow i just can't tolerate his vocals for long!!

Zainab Dhanji said...

totaly luv the lyrics, hvnt heard the song tho

sanely insane said...

hoi luved the pic of the swimming woman...bloody cool eh

started reading the article..kinda too long...will read later at leisure

liked the lyrics...tweeted the last para :P

heewa said...

actually its the vocals that make the song what it is :) just my opinion though..

Majaz said...

Your song reminded me of this one.

Are you alright?
All the sudden you went away.
Are you alright?
I hope you come back around someday.
Are you alright?
I haven't seen you in a real long time.
Are you alright?
Could you give me some kind of sign.
Are you alright?
I looked around me and you were gone.
Are you alright?
I feel like there must be something wrong.
Are you alright?
'Cause it seems like you disappeared.
Are you alright?
'Cause I been feeling a little scared.
Are you alright?

Chorus:
Are you sleeping through the night?
Do you have someone to hold you tight?
Do you have someone to hang out with?
Do you have someone to hug and kiss you,
Hug and kiss you,Hug and kiss you?
Are you alright?

Are you alright?
Is there something been bothering you?
Are you alright?
I wish you'd give me a little clue.
Are you alright?
Is there something you wanna say?
Are you alright?
Just tell me that you're okay.
Are you alright?
'Cause you took off without a word.
Are you alright?
You flew away like a little bird.
Are you alright?
Is there anything I can do?
Are you alright?
'Cause I need to hear from you.
Are you alright?