July 15, 2009

For Sid, who lost his mother yesterday.

I've been sitting here with my hand on my keyboard typing-deleting-deleting-typing wondering what to say to you. I'm not going to offer you my condolences, because I don't know what to do with them when I get them, even now, nearly a year after my father's death. I'm not going to tell you that it gets easier, because I know that it feels like it never will. Losing a parent is the worst kind of pain. And I can only imagine how it feels to lose both in such a short span of time. You and I both know, that time lets you forget but for a short while and then, when you remember every-once-in-a-while, memories will take you under so deep that you-forget-you-ever-knew-how-to-breathe. I know how it feels baby, and my heart breaks for you. I will not tell you how very sorry I am for your loss, because no matter how I say it it'll end up sounding shallow and insignificant. Words are never quite adequate when something really important needs to be said. Instead, I send you my love, and a tight, tight hug along with a promise to be there whenever you need someone to talk to. I send you strength, to deal with whatever it is you have to, however you have to. I wish I was with you right now, and I need you to know that through one of the most difficult times of your life, you are not alone. Your friends are just a phone call and a short, short flight away. Stay brave Sid. We love you very, very much!

3 comments:

Lonely Perverted Soul said...

Really sad.... I really hate to see ppl go thru things like these... I wish i cud helpp...

Ubaid said...

*Prays* .... allah unhey janat ata farmaye!!

Zainab Dhanji said...

I know how it feels, I know exactly how it feels, so honestly, nothing i would say could heal, but still i think reinforcing this fact would give you peace that the person you loved by all your heart is in a much better place now, far far away from suffering.