July 2, 2009

A flea and a fly in a flue
Were imprisoned, so what could they do?
Said the fly, "let us flee!"
"Let us fly!" said the flea.
So they flew through a flaw in the flue.

I had a fun day today. I learned how to strum my first guitar note. On a shiny red electric guitar, which made strumming the note all the fun-ner. What can I say? I’m a sucker for bling. Speaking of bling, a friend of mine showed me an enviable rock on her hand today. Yet another one bites the dust. And all I can do is look at myself in the mirror and say ‘Alas poor Yorick’. Or some such. Her story is amazing. Apparently he’s an arranged match who she’s fallen in love with. And my reaction to this is: do these things actually happen? She’s happy – like a choco-holic at Max Brenner – and that’s the important thing. But I wonder how some people manage to fall in love with the boy their parents pick out (thereby getting the best of both worlds) and as it turns out he’s not only rich (her parents probably saw to that one) but he’s hot as well. As in head-turning hot (or-so-I-am-told-by-those-who-have-checked-him-out). And the cup runneth over. This is the point when my soul rebels the unfairness of an arranged marriage to a ‘lovable’ man who happens to be both rich and hot. And not that she doesn’t deserve her happiness, she does, she does (and I am truly, truly happier). It’s just that I also truly-truly wonder: Mera number kab aaye ga?

13 comments:

S said...

Green doesn't suit you, X... :)

also, fleas don't fly... :P

Lonely Perverted Soul said...

Haan bhai im waiting for my number tooo... i tried my way which didnt work so now its up to my parents....

janebravo said...

i truly-truly wonder too... where the hell is 'charming'?!

Bubloo said...

so, my sister got engaged 6 months ago, it was arranged and now i see both of them talking like lost lovers.. make me wonders.. does it really happen :(

i can't believe my own eyes..sometimes

Ubaid said...

bohti kaali hai :p lol

Xeb said...

S: No, red's more my color ain't it? :P And take the flea/fly dichotomy up with Ogden Nash who originally committed the blasphemy I plagiarize! :P

L: Me too. Except both options seem equally dismal to me (i.e. me or the parents).

J: Haven't you heard? Charming was kissed by the princess of the frogs. Immediately after, he resumed his true form. He's on a lotus somewhere croaking away to glory.

B: Sigh. Disgusting isn't it? :P

U: Kya? Meri Zabaan? :P

Aneela Z said...

Hmmm the swayamvar option seems ever so appealing.

Ali said...

not really disgusting :P just that i still cant fathom.. what happened in the last 6 months :s

Xeb said...

A: Posting a comment on your blog is hard work! It keeps rejecting my words of wisdom! *sigh*

A(2): Koi nai, we live in equal parts cynicism and equal parts hope. The suspense, my love, is figuring out which one wins in the end! ;)

Deepak Iyer said...

I do want to say something comforting, but sadly, the closest saying that matches what I want to say is, "Every dog has its day".

But you get the idea, right ? :)

Xeb said...

D: I do. And methinks the mean-ness is a little overdone now! :P

Deepak Iyer said...

Yes I agree too. You should tone it down now.

Xeb said...

D: Hehe. Touche! :P