June 26, 2009

Ladies & Gentlemen, May I present....

...my first-ever guest appearance :)

*insert applause*

Twitter me this, Batman…

#Iran, nt dggin da beatin n humn rghts abu! Pplz free man! Mousavi rox! Lng live Iran’s revln! Da intl comm is wid u! Evry Iranian shld b fr...

That’s right, I support the Iranian Revo... oh wait.. MJ died! Damn it, now what do I do with my hand tailored tweets supporting a candidate who’s views I don’t understand in a country whose politics make little sense to me. I was just about ready to vent some righteous anger towards the oppressive regime committing blatant human rights violations right under the international community’s watchful and indignant eyes when MJ keeled over and screwed up my schedule. A quick coffee later, I was all set to launch into a scathing indictment of the blubbering watchdogs of democracy called the US Senate for blustering on about moral authority and condemning the ‘unlawful and excessive suppression’ of peaceful protestors, even as victims of grotesque government excess back here at home still grope for some measure of closure (Kent state shootings, anyone?). And all was to be achieved in 140 characters or less (including spaces).

But then how will I find time to condemn those horrible celebrity bloggers tarnishing poor, sweet, kind, chimp-loving MJ’s posthumous legacy with allegations of pedophilia and embezzlement? Granted, Amazon does a commendable job of commercializing my sorrow and channeling the unfathomably passionate sense of loss and indignation the online community is reeling under, but MJ deserves something more personal, don’t you think (a MySpace playlist tribute maybe)?

And while I am doing all this, who will blog about Britney’s inexcusable behavior, rant about Obama’s healthcare stimulus bailout whatchamacallit, or post regular facebook updates about the fate of the Air France crash investigations (remember that?). Man, being Generation Y, (or are we Z, or did we reset to A?) is a 24 hour chore! And then I'm expected to have a full-time job too?!!

- S

3 comments:

Deepak Iyer said...

Very nice.

Anjali said...

w000t! When will you two start your 'Rendez-vous with X&S' series?

Xeb said...

You see S, we even have a name! :P We could also title it, 'in conversation with', 'mindless chit-chat' and some such.

Ps: Anjali, the man asks me to wait post July 22nd. I oblige. :)