June 23, 2009


The heat is disgusting. It clings to you, wraps around your entire body like an extremely possessive lover who, once he finally has you in his arms, would rather suffocate you than let you go. I walk outside my house and I feel like I'm going to drown in a sweltering sea of humidity. Ever since I've returned I've been sitting inside my nicely airconditioned set of rooms barely leaving for five or ten miserable minutes to run errands I absolutely cannot avoid. I wonder how long I can keep living this artifically cool existence?

7 comments:

Emma W. said...

Blekhs. The chipkiness is awfully annoying. So is the stalkerish lover.

OnLY OnE..! said...

thats the only reason I hate visiting India!
the heat is such a killer. :(

BeKn|GhTeD said...

sadly, ull get to used to it. The heat will drive amreeka right out of you until you have been reformatted to include the typically pakistani dhitai which is both aur bane and saving grace.

Opinionated Jaahil said...

Haha which city do you happen to be in?

Xeb said...

I'm in Karachi! :)

Pokerface said...

'artificially cool existence' - I like that.

Opinionated Jaahil said...

Oooh! A blogger who's finally not from Lahore=p Yes. Karachi heat is quite relentless. And humid=( And then we have the KESC... sigh....

I'd like to meet up!=)