May 20, 2009

Back-biting is icky. And it makes me feel really awful deep in the pit of my tummy when I hear people I know say mean things about other people I know in front of me. Not only because it's undeserved (and uncalled for) to bitch about people behind their back, but also because I realize that these people who I'm sitting here befriending are ultimately the worst kind of cowards. They sit here, like vultures, picking on defenseless carrion of someone's reputation, actions, beliefs, words taking pleasure in the fact that they're not around to defend themselves. They poke fun at others without once looking underneath their own collars to see multiple layers of dirt underneath. And as I sit there, listening to what they're saying, and distancing myself from them one word-at-a-time, I honestly wonder, when I am not around them, what-oh-what do they say about me?

6 comments:

Saad said...

Mostly we talk about what a self-indulgent, self-obsessed bitch you are. So it's nothing we don't say to your face.

oh and you're ugly.

Xeb said...

Thanks boid. As usual, you're full of compliments.

Saad said...

I'm awesome! =D

Gigi said...

Congratulations. I did my undergrad from fu school of engg.I used to live on 120 st.

OnLY OnE..! said...

I just discovered your new Food for Thought and I love it!
Thanks for putting that up....heads up...I might steal it (though I will give you the credit :) and mary schmich of course)

AD said...

hey you aint ugly :D