April 13, 2009

Not too long ago, a random commenter took it upon himself to attack one of my poyems, deconstruct it and - ostensibly to help my literary cause - decided to 're-write' the last stanza (if I didn't mind ofcourse) and give it back to me in an effort to better my luke-warm-but-with-potential-writing-style. My initial reaction was intense annoyance. Much later, after calming down some, my reaction is still intense annoyance! I make no pretensions whatsoever to being a good writer. But my words are MINE! And I ruminate endlessly about them before I write them down to share them (not necessarily with you). I most definitely resent your efforts to 'better' my poetry (or prose, or whatever). The day I want someone to help me out with my creative writing style, I'll seek advice from someone who's words I respect. Also, for the record, your edit of my poem was awful. I hated it, hated every thing about it. Objectively, speaking as someone who only wants to 'help' you develop your 'style', your poetry sucks. Stop writing. Good bye~!

16 comments:

Ali said...

show me link to poem!

Xeb said...

http://xebiliciouss.blogspot.com/2009/03/death.html

Ps: For the record, the words have been arranged in a particular shape on frikking purpose!

Absar Shah said...

Lol! Well, I guess I had that coming ;)
Ma'assalama!

Xeb said...

Haha, your easy acceptance of my annoyance makes me much less annoyed! I still don't appreciate the edit, but, honestly I don't think your writing sucks, that's just me being petty! :P

Absar Shah said...

Wow. You're easy.

Okay that was me being (intensely) annoying again :P

My sincerest apologies, I didn't mean to actually re-write what you wrote - I just felt like stealing your idea. And it's much more easier to do that under the umbrella of lending a hand than plagiarism ;) And as usual, that much familiar sense of idioticity came after I clicked Publish. Again, please accept my apologies.

Ali said...

Stop flirting with her. She's mine. MINE. :-p






not really

Absar Shah said...

Lol! Dude, I flirt with every single, single woman on Earth.

Not really ;)

Ali said...

I like xebs better vaise. Being honest and objective. Not lettng her obvious and intense hotness and intelligence cloud my judgement at all. Nope. ;-)

Absar Shah said...

Wow, you're good! :P

Senilius said...

Can I drop in on to the flirting scene? Not to flirt (at least, not right now) but I like seeing Absar get his butt whipped. :D

Absar: Learned the hard way that everything's not Open Source, eh? ;)

Xeb: Nice poem!

¤Γœ•B¤ said...

she's too old for me... so i cant flirt here ;) !!

Absar Shah said...

Hot and intelligent never goes old ;)

Saad said...

hahahaha i'm totally amused woman! These men think you're hot!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAA

Absar Shah said...

In my defense, it's called post-violation sucking up :P

Ali said...

in my defense, its just sucking up. :-p

Marina said...

*reads comments and laughs her ass off, so as to speak*