April 2, 2009

It's a sad kind of anger-disappointment one feels when it becomes clear that some of the friends you manage to acquire along the way fall into the fair-weather' category . The kind of 'friends' who are there for you as long as you have something they want. When you are the bright shining start on their horizon, but who will just as easily forget about you when the reality of whatever it is you can do for them begins to fade.

And the truth is that nine times out of ten, 'friends' end up disappointing me on some level. Maybe because for me, friendship is not about the number of times we meet, or the hours we spend we spend on the phone, or the shopping trips we take together. What is far more important is that the days, hours, minutes you spend together are genuine, real, and uncomplicated.

And the only silver lining, when the realization strikes is that it's just that much easier, when friends are false, to move on.

2 comments:

Maryam said...

I can completely relate to that. You'd know what I'm talking about if you've seen my incessant rants in the past few days =)

Xeb said...

I have I have! :) I was wondering whether to mention you in the post itself! :P