April 1, 2009






If I had to choose, like Khizzy does, one of the Gossip Girl gang to drool over, Nate although very pretty would not make my list. He's good to look at, but he's too 'nice', in a non-exciting, whiny kind of way. And even though most of the GG crowd is gaga over his blond bangs, Nate's perfectness bores me (even though, I must admit, I saw a man on the subway today who looked very much like him and I did spent a nice long time totally checking him out, because he most definitely IS pretty! :P). But if somebody offered Nate to me to have and to hold, I'd tell them that just pretty does not - unfortunately - work for me as much as shallow soul wants it to. I find that I also attach no real value to people who are generically 'nice' without any real reason for being so. To my cynical soul, niceness without cause reeks of social hypocrisy.

Dispensing with Nate (you can totally have him Khiz), I wouldn't go for Dan either. He's hot, I have to admit. And there is something very, very appealing about the steadiness that I'd be attracted to. But at the end of the day, the truth is very soon his steadiness would make me begin to doubt myself, and wonder if I am indeed too frivolous, too shallow, too everything-that-he-tries-so-hard-to-make-sure-he's-not. At the end of the day, Dan tries too hard, and that annoys me. I realize I have no patience for virtue either. Good-ness, like nice-ness doesn't go too far in impressing me. Plus Dan's goodness sometimes takes on a kind of proselytism I find prosy and irritatingly arrogant.

So that leaves Mr. Bass. Bad boy extraordinaire. He's sexy, spoiled rotten and unsrupulous in the extreme. Which would put him squarely in the category of men I'd be gaga about (assuming ofcourse that Gossip Girls was my cup of tea, which it isn't). Let me tell you what it is about Chuck that appeals to me. I like that he has no pretensions to morals, I like that he breaks any, and every rule that he feels like breaking, except for those that he sets for himself. That tells me two things, that he doesn't give 'in' and follow the masses, and that he has strength of character. Unlike the other two men who can't decide who they're in love with, how long they're in love with them, and who to be faithful too, Chuck knows what he wants, who he wants and he's amazingly faithful in his faithlessness. I find don't want a man who is 'pure'. I don't want to be his first love or his only love. I'd much, much rather be his obsession and his last love. When men like Chuck Bass love a woman, they do it like they do everything else, they risk all they have for the sake of what he wants. I find that incredibly sexy. Chuck is spoiled, but he's not stupid and although he has the kind of amused contempt for wealth that only the ridiculously wealthy can have, he accepts who is entirely without apology. I like that. A lot.

Verdict: Xeb is a masochistic idiot. *sigh*

17 comments:

Ali said...

love me, bitch! :-p

Xeb said...

Err, you wish? :P

Ali said...

*badass voice* you know you want to. ;-)

Maryam said...

"He's sexy, spoiled rotten and unsrupulous in the extreme."

In short, perfect. Ali, you DON'T fit in there =P

Ali said...

maryam, youre just jealous cuz you can't have me biatch! :-D

heewa said...

hearrr hearrrrr
:D
totallllyyyy true!

Saad said...

sorry love. you already lost out on me. =D

S said...

Lol@ Ali. Oh where're your manners boy? subtle much?

Tazeen said...

hahaha

Bad bois rule. In any case, anyone who has no pretensions to morals has my vote.

Xeb said...

Ali: Chuck Bass wouldn't call the woman he loves a bitch! Methinks he'd call everyone 'but' her a bitch. And I think exceptions are delightful! :)

Saad: No darling, YOU lost out on me.

Tazeen, Heewa, Maryam: We're all emotional masochists! :P *collective sigh*

Ali said...

but youre the only bitch I call bitch, bitch. :-p

Disclaimer: I did that to be amusing- not to offend



Bitch. :-p

Maryam said...

I beg to differ, Ali =P

Xeb said...

Ali: Shush. You're not amusing, you're annoying! :P And (most importantly), you're not Chuck Bass so you can't get away with it! :P

Natasha said...

i just love the way he talks. his expressions. the way he dresses, and how he gets away with everything.

point being, he is love. lol, but i'd never date a guy like him. i'd just want to be his fraand.

Xeb said...

'Fraands' with benefits Natasha? :P

Natasha said...

lol, you got me there ;)

hfm said...

Gosh, I love Chuck Bass.
Have you seen that epsode where they're all helping Serena out of a sticky mess and the gang says what they've done wrong in the past, when the camera pans to Chuck, he simply says,'I'm Chuck Bass' that's explanation enough for his bad ass atitude.
<3