April 15, 2009

Another day, another suitor, another episode in the life of Xeb-who-must-not-be-single. This weekend Mr. Potential flies in from East-Asia. I've pretty much given up hope that anyone who approaches the 'M' word through regular channels will suit me. Primarily because the fact that they choose to do so means that ultimately they're conventional people. And I am anything-but-conventional. I thought, the last time around, that perhaps I would not mind (so much) changing who I was in order to achieve the happily-ever-after. Then I realized that if it meant that I would no longer be me, happily-ever-after would end up being quite a sad affair. Don't you think?

Anyhow, let's see relegate this weekend to this weekend and concentrate on what is:

Me. My thesis. And reckless anticipation of the last Thursday of April.

I was thinking, not too long ago that my life, as it is, could be the deity's favorite soap opera. I can imagine her waiting for this weekend with the same sort of eager enthusiasm with which I wait for the next episode of Grey's Anatomy (the one where we will find out if Izzie lives through her scary cancer). You see, even though the deity wrote the script herself, she left just enough agency in my hands for me to change the nature of the program from tragedy to comedy and back again. So she sits back with a popcorn and a diet coke (because even goddesses need to be health-conscious in this judgmental day and age) and waits impatiently to see what will happen next. And I wait with her. With diet coke. Sans popcorn though.

12 comments:

Arunima said...

enjoying the coke?

The arranged marriage might just work out sweety though I don't subscribe to it either.

Xeb said...

The deity and I have similar thoughts on diet coke. It is - literally - the nectar of the Gods! ;)

And I don't deny that it may work. It just seems too, err, proper to be my route. Or so I think today. Tomorrow I may think differently. And as the wise men say, never say never!

Ali said...

izzie will die, heard they want to cut her off from the series. dnt count on it though!!

brok3n said...

Apparently George's leaving too...=( ..but 0mzigawd..another Greys Anatomy fan! wo0.

Xeb said...

Totally a Grey's fan. It really annoys me how slow they've been with releasing episodes lately. I read an article about George leaving (for the army no less) but it's not confirmed ofcourse. Let's see. George and Izzie (well, maybe not so much Izzie) are fairly peripheral anyway.

Do either of you follow Private Practice?

Marina said...

I.LOVE.Grey's.Anatomy. I don't like Izzie much tho, she vaguely annoys me =P

Xeb said...

She annoys me too. I think she's too whiny. And the ghost business was totally bizarre (in a very, this is Grey's not X-files kind of way). But her character's finally getting better. I like the whole I will teach the interns at my own expense deal (although it occurs to me she's playing yet another kind of martyr, this time the puts-on-a-strong-face-lest-others-weep kind). I don't want her to die though, the show would be kind of incomplete without her. Plus Alex ka bhi toh sochna hai, if life keeps screwing him over he'll become a total sociopath! :P


Ps: As you can see, I totally obsess over Grey's meself!

Ali said...

i have gone bonkers over grey's.
best show ever, has every thing to offer and this season outshines every other. believe it or not this show has helped me clear several of my professional interviews :)

As far as izzie is concerned, she was seeing ghosts cause of her cancer its totally relevant, kinda bizarre yet true to the story line.

and before season 4 her part wasn't given much airtime, but she has had semi-lead in season 4. and i like her a lot after Meredith of course.

Xeb said...

Tonight, is the night, that the new episode of Greys is supposed to come out! *yay*

Ali said...

no..
it will air on 23rd of April

not tonight...

Xeb said...

Shit! Nahinnnnn!!! :(

*sniff*

What is WITH this one episode a month crapness?

Ali said...

don't worry normal weekly service will resume after this episode, so there is something for u to cheer about apart from the fact that only 4 episodes remain in this season :(