March 25, 2009

Exorcising people from your life is hard work.

I haven't had to do it in the past, I've managed - somehow - to stay good friends with both the men I've loved before. In this instance, however, I decided that the 'relationship' wasn't worth any effort on my part at all.

So I blocked and deleted all vestiges of him from my life. Or so I thought.

Until I came across randomly scribbled notes, PDF-ed files he converted for me, documents I edited for him, lying around in a folder with his name on it, a yin-yang bookmark I bought him once upon a time but never gave, pictures in my 'received' folder, voicemail accidentally saved on my phone... and this list goes on and on.

Every day another reminder, another fragment to exorcise before I can be sure the ghost is gone. And it occurs to me, that perhaps cutting all contact actually takes 'more' effort than just staying in touch with one's ex's.

Which is actually kind of funny when you think about it!

4 comments:

Ali said...

*sigh* the ironies of life...

Xeb said...

Na?

Bush. said...

Indeed. Must be.
Though they all become memory eventually. Letting go will get easy by the passage of time.

Marina said...

Kind of funny and also kind of sad. Sigh. I hate it when that happens.