February 18, 2009

I lay down my soul today


for you to see


right into me


without pretense, artifice, or studied nonchalance.



And I don't know why.


But what I know, is that here I stand



More naked than I've ever been, in front of anyone



More scared than I've been in a long long time



Laying bare, my fears, my hopes, my dreams.



Do you still want me now?



Damaged


Insecure



Incomplete


Will you take me now?


Can you complete me?



Or will you examine my nakedness




And decide you don't like what you see?



And by doing so negate everything



that I really am.







2 comments:

Arunima said...

The most important thing is to do your part. Finally, you know what you are worth right?

Xeb said...

Nobody ever knows what they're worth methinks. Because if people think they're worthy, then chances are the same emotion that makes them think that reveals their actual un-worthy-ness (if that makes any sense).

At the end of the end the day the sad reality is that one's sense of self worth depends on external validation of internal effort.

But although its inevitable that some people have the power to define my worth, I retain the autonomy to choose who to give that power to. Which, at the end of the day, makes me responsible for my own sense of self worth.

What a twisted series of circles human nature is! :P